Who we are?
The SA Protective Equipment Marketing Association was founded in the early sixties with the objective of representing manufacturers and importers of personal protective equipment and lobbying on their behalf with the authorities and other bodies such as the SA Bureau of Standards.
At the August 2002 Annual General meeting, SAPEMA members decided to revitalise the Association and position itself to meet the challenges of the future and widen its sphere of influence. The following steps were taken to achieve this:
- A new full-time secretariat was appointed
- The Objectives and Constitution were revised
- The name of the Association was changed from SA Protective Equipment Manufacturing Association to the name appearing above to enable it to widen its scope of possible members
- Strong relationships were established with SABS and Working Groups have been established to interact with the standards writing committees of the SABS and to exert a strong influence into these activities
- Additional Members are actively sought and to this effect a new information brochure has been produced (see insert in journal)
On 23 January 2003, the new constitution was adopted by the members in a special general meeting and the new SAPEMA was afloat.
Three Sides to our Triangle
SAPEMA believes that through its members and the providing of PPE, its goal is to protect people industry. The aim is to ensure that people are able to be equipped with the correct & safe equipment when performing their respective duties. Furthermore, to ensure that as far as possible the working environment can be made safe.
Quality of Products:
Our Members provide a quality of product that conforms to acceptable and relevant Safety Standards. Product that will offer the user the appropriate protection for the right application and peace of mind.
Our Members are committed to comply with the Standards that regulate the safety industry and provide products that comply to National or Internationally accepted Standards for safety products.