HISTORY IS MADE WITH SAPEMA’s
FIRST BUSINESS BREAKFAST
SAPEMA held its first business breakfast for its Member’s and their invited customers, on the 21st of November which was held at the Modderfontein Golf Club in Johannesburg.
As the current Chairman Deleane Luzzatto stated in her 2019 Annual Report, “With the ever changing demands that our industry is faced with, it is crucial that we as an Association, keep abreast of the challenges and be prepared to evolve, in order to escalate our credibility within the PPE industry.”
From this year’s interactive regional meetings held in JHB, Durban and Cape Town, it is clear that our Members are hungry for information regarding all aspects of the PPE industry whether it be PPE trends, new standards or change in legislation. By actioning this point, the SAPEMA Exco and Events team put together a super agenda with very informative topics for SAPEMA’s first ever business breakfast.
The Agenda consisted of the following:
- Introduction to SAPEMA presented by Deleane Luzzatto SAPEMA National Chairman
- SAIOSH – Professional Registration Introduction presented by Neels Nortje SAIOSH CEO
- The importance of the Occupational Hygienist in recommending the appropriate PPE presented by Deon Jansen van Vuuren SAIOH General Manager
- Legal Liability with reference to the duties of employers and manufacturers related to PPE presented by Advocate Raynard Looch
- Section 8: General Duties of Employers to their Employees
- Section 10: General duties of manufacturers regarding articles and substances for use at work
- General Safety Regulation 2: Personal safety equipment and facilities
With almost 90 attendees, history was certainly made for SAPEMA by hosting such a successful event. With such a positive number of attendees together with the overwhelming feedback from the Members that attended, this was and will be, the first of many more of these types of events to come, for both SAPEMA Members and their customers.
The SAPEMA Events Team also held a surprise lucky draw, which was a Canon PIXMA TR4540 Wireless Printer which was won by Chanel Oosthuizen from SHEQ Safety.
Keep a look out for the 2020 SAPEMA Calendar of Events which will be sent out soon!